Friday, June 22, 2012

Pintrest Tuesday!!! Florentine Chicken Saltimbocca 6-19-12

I am usually the baker, but here it goes, I made dinner all by myself!!!!

I used a mix of a few different recipes that I found until I thought I had something I would be happy with!

Chicken, Prosciutto, Spinach, Riccotta Cheese, and Parmesan.
(Rob trimmed and cut the chicken for me!) Then I seasoned it with Salt and Pepper,

A piece of Prosciutto, some spinach (thaw a package of the frozen kind and squeeze out all of the juice)

Then a sprinkle of Parmesan and a Dollop of  Ricotta Cheese,

Roll it all up like sushi and use toothpicks to hold it together!

Olive Oil in the bottom of the pan and sear the chicken for about 2 minutes on each side,

Then add a can of Chicken Broth and turn it down and simmer it for about 20 minutes!

For a side I made my signature Creamy Baby Red Mashed Potatoes!

I boiled a 3lb bag of Baby Red Potatoes until they were soft, then put them in my magic blender : )
Added a stick of butter, 1/2 C Half and Half, and Salt and Pepper!!!

Here is my spin on Florentine Chicken Saltimbocca with Creamy Baby Red Mashed Potatoes.

This was good, not amazingly yummy that I want to eat it once a week, but I would make some changes and I think that it could be added to the rotation...
I would mix the Ricotta Cheese, Parmesan, and Spinach(a lot less spinach) before I put it inside the Chicken.

Keep on being yummy!
Mal, Rob and Kyecen!

No comments:

Post a Comment