Friday, June 1, 2012

Mozzarella Sticks, Chicken Wings, and Pretzel Bites...slathered in Ranch!

We busted out the deep fryer and had an appetizer for dinner kind of night : ) Pintrest inspired of course!

My biggest recommendation is to read the direction all the way through before you start...we'll get to that...
All the ingredients out and ready to make some magic!

Mozzarella Sticks
Panko Bread Crumbs, Corn Starch, Garlic Powder, Salt, Pepper, Cayenne, Fresh Parsley 
in the food processor for a quick spin,
Mozzarella sticks cut down to bite size : ) Flour, egg wash, and our breading mix!
Start on one end and work your way to the other, cover, dip, cover (repeat for double breaded!)
Into the fryer! (This is where I missed a step...after breading put them in the freezer for about an hour...this way your cheese won't disappear from your mozz sticks!)

I told him they were hot, I had just taken them out of the fryer...but no he doesn't listen : )

Then we started on making our own CHICKEN WINGS!!!
First we used the same process we did for the mozzarella sticks : ) Flour, egg wash, bread crumb mixture : )

All covered up! We bought just drumsticks : ) no wings!  



No sauce, just the same breading we used on the Mozzarella Sticks! Yummy!


The rest we just covered in flour, fryed, then covered in wing sauce!
 Then I got crazy and after I sauced them I covered them with Blue Cheese Crumbles 
and fryed them again : ) SO YUMMY!!!

So I have a secret that I will share...okay if you know me it's not a secret, but I LOVE RANCH!
But I'm picky about my ranch and I really wish that I could buy it by the gallon from a restaurant cause I really am not a fan of Hidden Valley or anything else I have found in the grocery store...

I have found a recipe that I think I will stick with!
I took this RANCH DRESSING recipe and added half of a ranch dressing packet...I was so happy with it!!
The only thing I wish I did was puree my parsley and chives...
I don't have the skills to finely chop my herbs yet...I say yet, cause I'm working on it

PRETZELS

Just going to give a shout out to my Kitchenaid...I love this kitchen tool!

That little ball of dough rose over the top of the bowl within an hour!

Trying to do it right...rolling out my dough!

Rob challenged me to "throw" a real pretzel...I showed him : ) 

This is where I'm not sure about the process...drop the pretzel dough into a pot of boiling water with 3/4C of baking soda in it...then we layed them out on a cookie sheet, basted them with melted butter and a sprinkle of salt! 

Baked for about 15 minutes and Viola! Pretzel bites : ) They were good, but not exactly what I was looking for so I will try a different recipe next time..

Hope you're hungry!
Mal, Rob and Kyecen

No comments:

Post a Comment