Friday, February 15, 2013

Food from our new kitchen!

So now that I have a ton of time on my hands, especially because it is freezing outside and there is so much snow...Kyecen and I have been tearing it up in the kitchen!!! Here are some of our more noteworthy treats, of course good, but I won't go into too much detail on these :) 

We make something at least every other day, mostly Pinterest inspired of course :) some days we make more...this means that I am branching out and I am no longer strictly a sweets person and I have made some yummy dinners!

My little helper in his Chef gear!
S'mores cupcakes (so far my least favorite recipe that I've made in a long time,I can't even find the pin it came from...not worried though I won't make these again!)


Okay, not a recipe, but a noteworthy treat! Laying in bed I told Rob that I was craving chocolate and maybe some peanut butter...a couple minutes later this is what I got! Amazing Man!

One of our favorite easy and yummy treats! Peach Cobbler! 
1 cup Bisquik, 1 cup Milk, 1/2 cup melted butter, 1/2 tsp nutmeg. Mix together and put in bottom of your baking dish
1 can (29oz) Sliced Peaches (drained), 1 cup Sugar. Mix together and pour over bisquick.
Bake for 50-60 minutes on 375*
Yes, put the peaches on top the bisquick will cover it when it bakes!
Serve in a bowl with a little heavy cream or vanilla ice cream!

 
Honey Mustard Pretzel Chicken  and Honey Mustard Dressing (If I had crushed the pretzels a little smaller it would have been a better coating) Overall a yummy dish!

My go to favorite, Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies (made with mini m&m's!) 

I introduced Kyecen to Jell-O (this is his singing the Jell-O song face!)

An all time family favorite, and a cold weather quick and easy dish! 
1lb cooked ground beef, 1 can corn (don't drain), 2 cans Kidney beans (don't drain), 1 can tomato sauce, 1 packet taco seasoning (less depending on how spicy you want it), and 1 can diced stewed tomatoes (optional). Put it all in a pot and cook for about 30 minutes! Serve in a bowl over tortilla chips or Fritos with cheese and sour cream!!!


I got a crazy hair one night around 9pm...I used my favorite chocolate cupcake recipe and it made 100 mini cupcakes...way too many!!! I have been struggling to find a Peanut Butter Frosting Recipe that I was happy with, fluffy and not oily, I finally found one!!! And I needed to find a good Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough frosting, I found that one too!!!

I was at the grocery store and passed the meat counter and the pork tenderloin caught my eye...don't ask, I'm not sure but my mind is always on food! New ways to flavor, cook and serve it.. so here it is!

I found this rub and off I went!
(I had to modify it due to lack of ground mustard, but I just rubbed it down with a deli mustard before the rub, then baked for 30 minutes at 475* then reduced to 425* for another half hour (3lb tenderloin)) 


It was so juicy when I sliced it up!

Served with Scalloped Potatoes and Green Beans! Kyecen actually ate almost the whole can of green beans...I had to tell him no more so the rest of us could eat some!

Happy Eating!!!
Mallory, Rob and Kyecen


No comments:

Post a Comment