Friday, February 15, 2013

Chick-Fil-A

I know, I know I always say I would rather cook at home than go out to eat...there are exceptions to that rule though #1 Teakwoods in Gilbert AZ (I love their Jess Jess Wings AND their ranch!) #2 Chick-Fil-A Chicken nuggets! #3 ColdStone (Birthday Cake Remix, in a waffle bowl, with sprinkles)

Okay, back to Chick-Fil-A...I have found a copycat recipe, thank you Pinterest!
And it comes very close!!!! I think if I had a deep fryer, or even just a little better handle on the frying pan with oil in it thing (remember, new to the cooking thing-I like to bake!) that these would have turned out amazing...I will do this again and I will try the recipe for my favorite Honey Roasted BBQ sauce they have!
I marinated the chicken overnight in a mixture of Milk, Egg and Pickle juice
Yes, I said pickle juice...It really adds to the flavor like you wouldn't believe!

Breaded in Flour, Salt and Pepper, and a little Confectioners Sugar! 
Again, yes I added powdered sugar to the breading! 

Fried it up...and 

Viola! (It looks like it could be cooked longer, but it was in there forever and I was afraid it would make my chicken chewy to be cooked for so long...hmmm?

Yay for Chick-Fil-A at home!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment