Friday, April 12, 2013

Cheese Ravioli with Balsamic Brown Butter Sauce!

Cheese Ravioli with Browned Butter Balsamic Sauce!

I was feeling creative...and so I found a few recipes to use what I had in the fridge (not wanting to have to go to the grocery store for one little thing!)


I made the same filling that I put in my stuffed shells, 16oz Ricotta Cheese, 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese, 2 cups Parmesan Cheese, 1 egg, Parsley and Basil, and Salt and Pepper to taste.


I made my dough (3 cups flour, 2 eggs, 1 tsp salt and 1/2 cup warm water) kneaded, and let sit for 15 minutes...rolled it out, filled them with the cheese mix, and folded over and pinched the dough to make my raviolis! I let it sit out for an hour to "dry out" the dough before dropping them in boiling water for 5-6 minutes...then


I made this Balsamic Brown Butter and then added a little cornstarch and flour to thicken it and make a sauce! Delicious! Especially topped with some freshly grated Parmesan.


Eat up!


No comments:

Post a Comment